Recycled Glass – pick your favorite liquor|| April 09 2010
One of the most common questions we get is, “Is the glass recycled?” Although it turns out that the glass has a smaller environmental impact than other materials in a pair of earrings, I certainly understand how recycled glass provides a more intuitive feeling of environmental consciousness than being able to say that they came on a smaller, recycled paper card, for example.
Invariably the next question is “Which colors are recycled, and what glass do you use?”
- We use Bombay Sapphire Gin bottles to make our ‘Water’ color Sundrops
- Skyy Vodka bottles turn into ‘Cobalt’ Sundrops
- Various screw-top beer bottles are used for ‘Bottle Brown’. We save the re-cappable bottles for brewing our own beer :)
- We use Jagermeister and ginger ale bottles to make our ‘Kelly Green’ Sundrops
- We have used various wine bottles in the past, but find that the colors are highly variable, ranging from Kelly Green through many shades of olive to brown. We’ve generally found the pure Kelly Green and Bottle Brown to be more popular than any of the in between olive shades.